If you need to speak to one of our telephone advisers, you can call us on 03000 12 54 64. Calls to 03 numbers are charged at the local rate, and are included in free minute allowances for landline and mobile packages (if unsure, please check with your mobile phone provider).Please note the details below before calling.
The advice line opening hours are as follow:
10:00am to 5:00pm – Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
12:00pm to 5:00pm – Wednesdays (limited evening appointments available – see bottom of page)
Our volunteer advisers will assess your situation in order to determine the best way to help you. They may be able to advise immediately or, alternately, signpost you to appropriate specialist services.
Please note the following:
- Before you call, try to find a quiet place to talk to us.
- Please have to hand copies of any documents relevant to your issue (benefit decision letters, tenancy agreement etc.) as well as a pen and paper to take down details.
- The advice line can get very busy if no-one is able to take the call, please try calling back later.
- Wherever possible, we will give all relevant advice by telephone and where possible send information / links etc to you by e mail
- We have very limited face-to-face advice sessions at locations around the borough – the telephone adviser will let you know if one of these might be appropriate for you.
The service is free, impartial, non-judgemental and non-discriminatory. The information you provide will be recorded and stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act, and will not be shared outside of the organisation without your consent, except where required by law.