Expanding Access to Immigration Advice for local residents

Do you know your rights about staying in the UK, whether you are allowed to work or bring your loved ones into the UK?  Do you want to apply to become a British Citizen?

Kezia Daley, Associate Solicitor at Darlingtons, is the latest volunteer solicitor to join our pro bono project.
She can give advice on many aspects of immigration such as: visas, work permits, immigration status, access to welfare benefits and seeking asylum.

Examples of problems that you may need advice on are:-

  • getting permission to stay in the UK longer than you originally intended
  • getting permission to do something which you are not at present allowed to do, for example, being allowed to work
  • bringing relatives into the country, for example, a spouse, fiancé(e), children
  • being threatened with deportation from the UK
  • being held by the immigration authorities in a detention centre
  • wanting a passport and not knowing whether you are entitled to a British passport or some other passport
  • wanting to apply to become a British Citizen
  • if you are already living in the UK but wanting to travel (for example, for a holiday), whether you will be allowed back into the UK
  • whether you are entitled to use state services or claim benefits, for example, education, health services, council housing, social security benefits, housing benefits, Council Tax Reduction
  • the right to vote
  • a relative or friend being refused entry to the UK when arriving at an airport or port.Advice is by appointmnet only, if you need help ring our adviceline and ask for more information.